- Benefits & Support
- Assistance Benefits
- Medical Assistance
Medicaid - Health Coverage for Those with Limited Income
Eligibility Requirements Vary for Different Groups
The Medicaid program in Ohio provides medical coverage for certain qualifying individuals and families with limited income. To qualify for Medicaid a person must be a U.S. citizen or meet Medicaid citizenship requirements, be an Ohio resident, have or obtain a Social Security number, and meet financial requirements. In some cases, Medicaid puts a limit on resources an individual or family may have, such as bank accounts, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, trusts, vehicles and property. A person’s home of residence, personal belongings and 1 vehicle usually are not counted in the resource limit.
Ohio Medicaid provides coverage to the following individuals:
- Adults age 65 and older
- Children younger than age 19
- Families with children younger than age 19
- People who are legally blind
- People with disabilities
- Pregnant women
- Adults up to age 64 with income at or below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Some immigrants may be eligible
For more information, call 937-327-1700 or click here to view income guidelines.
Bring the Following to Appointment
Help prevent delays in the approval process by bringing the following to your appointment:
- Identification such as:
- Driver's license
- Social security card
- Birth certificate
- Verification of the last 30 days of income
- Verification of all resources may be required depending on the category of Medicaid for which you may qualify
To Apply for Medicaid
There are many ways to apply for Medicaid:
- Apply online at https://benefits.ohio.gov/
- Apply in-person at our agency (Building A) Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Fax a completed application to 937-521-3501
- Email the completed application to Clark_BP_Team@jfs.ohio.gov,
- Drop a completed application in our drop box outside the front doors at any time/any day. You can locate a paper application in our lobby vestibule.
- You may also call 1-844-640-6446 to apply
For assistance navigating through the many available Medicare plans, eligibility requirements and enrollment guidelines, please Click Here for information and assistance.