Quality Inspector needed for a local manufacturing company to inspect, test, sort and sample raw material or processed, machined and fabricated parts. Position requires frequent bending, stooping, stretching and prolonged standing. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds continuously throughout an eight (8) hour shift. Requires normal vision, hearing range, hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts and records inspection data.
2. Identifies and routes defective products for rework or scrap as outlined in procedures.
3. Reviews work instructions to determine inspection criteria.
4. Compiles data and reports of inspections.
5. Assists with ISO documentation.
6. Detects and reports defective components or questionable conditions to the Quality Manager.
7. Maintains a clean and orderly work area and follows prescribed safety regulations.
8. Perform duties in a safe manner with attention to safety and productivity of all Associates.
9. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required. Previous quality background preferred.
· Knowledge of inspection and quality measurement devices including: micrometers, calipers, height gauge.
· Some blueprint reading knowledge required.
· Steel-toe shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection are required in production areas (other appropriate PPE, such as gloves may be required).
· Basic computer literacy required.
Candidates may apply by submitting a resume to: email@example.com