Machine Maintenance Technician needed for a local manufacturing company. Technician will aid in the maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities ranging from, point of need painting chores to the complete disassembly/rebuild of combination rotary air clutch/brake systems and similar complex devices. Position requires frequent bending, stooping, stretching, prolonged standing, working in confined spaces and at aerial platform heights. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds continuously throughout an eight (8) hour shift. Requires normal vision and hearing range, hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Well-versed and recognizes the importance of properly maintained equipment.
2. Working knowledge and hands-on experience in medium electrical circuitry, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and the discipline of lock-out/tag-out. Fabrication of materials (cutting and welding).
3. Determines malfunctions or machine damage. Dismantles machine, removes machine parts, repairs, lubricates, etc., and reassembles machine according to specifications. Maintenance and troubleshooting PLC based systems and robotic work cells.
4. Transports machine parts, tools, equipment and other material between work area and storage, using forklift if necessary.
5. Assists with solving production problems (implements production/productivity improvements).
6. Oversee and maintain good records for the preventative maintenance system and all related tasks.
7. Performs duties in a safe manner with attention to safety and productivity of all Associates.
8. Computer literate, ability to source spare parts using Internet or supplier base.
High School Diploma or GED required. Post high school training in disciplines listed above (mechanics, plumbing, hydraulics, and electricity) required. Previous experience in machine maintenance in a factory environment preferred.
· Forklift operation knowledge preferred.
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance.
· Steel-toe shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection are required in production areas (other appropriate PPE, such as gloves may be required).
Candidates may apply by submitting a resume to: email@example.com